- Category: About
Material purchased from Library Bound that is received by the Library with a production defect, may be returned for a full credit or a no charge replacement.
An order duplicated by Library Bound, or a title that does not fit the Library’s ARP profile, may be returned for a full credit.
Material received by the Library with processing specifications that do not match the Library’s processing profile, may be returned for a full credit or a no charge replacement.
- Returns must be made within 60 days of the invoice date
- Authorization from Customer Service is required to return material that is cancelled by the Library
Library Bound will issue a credit for all acceptable defective material in a timely manner. Please do not claim a credit or short pay an invoice until LBI has issued the appropriate credit.
Return Authorization Contact Information
LBI East LBI West
Lisa Strome Michael Gray
Print Coordinator Account Executive
519-885-3233 x24 604-434-5242 x228
CD Music & Video Games DVD Material
Tracy Reid Anna Kardas
Music & Video Game Coordinator DVD Coordinator
519-885-3233 x29 519-885-3233 x30
Customer Cancellation Policy
Customers requesting an order cancellation should contact one of the following:
Print & Audiobooks: CD Music & Video Games:
Lisa Strome Tracy Reid
Print Coordinator Music and Video Game Coordinator
1-800-363-4728 x24 1-800-363-4728 x29
519-885-3233 x24 519-885-3233 x29
DVD Material: Multilingual Material:
Anna Kardas Sue Clarke
DVD Coordinator Multilingual Selection Specialist
1-800-363-4728 x30 1-800-363-4728 x32
519-885-3233 x30 519-885-3233 x32
We will confirm receipt of your request within 2 business days. We will then respond within 5 business days to notify you if the material is eligible for return.
We can cancel an order if the material has not been shipped from the vendors, and only if we have return privileges with that specific vendor. Special circumstances will be dealt with individually.
Please note, we have an automatic 12-month back order cancellation date, unless we have been notified of an alternate date by the library. In most cases, material orders in our system that have reached 12-months from the initial order placement date will be automatically cancelled.
To avoid placing a duplicate order, please check the status of your order by contacting one of our Specialists, or by checking your order status on our website.
- Category: About
Your Canadian choice for all your library needs
Library Bound Inc. provides solutions to Canadian library needs. Specializing in print, video, music, audio books, and multilingual products, Library Bound has the materials to create a collection that your patrons will enjoy.
We also provide the services you need to ensure that all your material is shelf-ready. We offer acquisition, cataloguing, processing, and Automatic Release Programs as part of our complete package of services.
Contact us today for more information on how we can meet your specific collection needs.
Library Bound works in an environment of mutual respect with our customers and suppliers to deliver quality services at a fair price. Our primary goal is to provide products and programs that offer competitive choices to Canadian libraries, while ensuring our company’s long-term viability through sound fiscal management and operational efficiency.
- Category: About
Imagine working with an industry leader where excellence and expertise is our standard. With over 100 years of experience in the material wholesale industry, Library Bound has placed a high value on establishing a workplace culture where people are challenged and treated with trust and respect every day.
We are an opportune employer who seeks to find skilled individuals to join our team. Our customers are our top priority and they are entitled to quality products catalogued and processed to the highest standards, and delivered in a timely fashion. It is our job at Library Bound to meet or exceed all the requirements of our customers. At Library Bound, we recognize that our greatest resource is our associates. It is our goal to promote and maintain a work environment that enables associates to function at their highest level. Our colleagues can expect:
Our workplace culture has a relaxed but results-driven atmosphere. Our team is intelligent, committed to supporting public libraries and hard working. We offer competitive wages and:
There are currently no positions available at this time. We welcome your resume, which we will keep on file for future openings for up to 6 months.
- Category: About
The Library Bound Brand Is Defined Through:
- Providing excellence in collection development services to ensure high circulation and patron satisfaction
- Maintaining collection development services through a comprehensive array of automatic release programs (ARPs), Approval Plans (APs), seasonal Bestseller Lists and numerous weekly and monthly Collection Development Lists
- Offering diversification by providing all print and A/V products including digital media
- Introducing innovative concepts through the use of technological advancement that will support the fundamental elements of public library purchasing
- Providing exceptional customer service and being responsive to the Library’s needs and feedback
- Providing quality service at a fair and competitive price
- Ensuring LBI is an exceptional extension of a Library's technical service unit
- Offering a seamless integration of our procedures with each of our client Libraries
- Ensuring absolute compliance with all import and copyright regulations
- Being the sole sponsor of the OLA and BCLA Readers Advisory Programs
- Being the Official Library Wholesaler for Telling Tales, an award winning Children’s Literacy Festival
- Supporting local Library community events and programs
- Maintaining competitive pricing through industry awareness